Wednesday, August 27, 2008

something borrowed, something blue




One of the plusses of parenthood is you can try to talk your kids into dressing up into almost anything. I got Lizzie to dress up in one of my old dresses. Here is a picture of me when I was five. Here is Lizzie in the same dress at about 4 1/2. We even did her hair in braids like in my picture but you just can't see it as well. She loves her new dress and calls it her princess dress and has already worn it to church many, many times.






On another note, Ethan had his first day of 1st grade yesterday. When I picked him up one of the first things he said was "I want to lay down, mom.!" The poor kid was tired from a full day of school. He seemed to have liked it though. He said they played the Indiana Jones theme over the intercom which he thought was cool. Lunch went okay. He said the fries were a little cold but dessert was awesome. I missed him and our house felt weird without him here. So I am now home with 3 girls all day :) Lizzie starts pre-school on the 9th so we will see how that goes. She also starts dance class on Sept. 4th.


Afton and Lilly are doing awesome. I will post some pictures of them later. Lilly has found her feet and loves to grab them and is so close to laughing. Right now it is a squeal, scream type thing. She has also found her hands and likes to move them around in front of her face. Afton absolutely loves rolling over and will roll to her stomach at every opportunity. They are both grabbing onto toys which is fun to watch. They are also eating rice cereal. I have forgotten how time consuming feeding baby food is.











4 comments:

Trudy said...

Alisha,

You have such a knack for the whole Mom thing! What a cute idea to give Lizzy your old dress. She looks adorable in it. I can relate to the exhaustion of first grade. Ryland loves recess and school lunch.

Liz said...

Yay for the twin lizzies! So glad to hear everyone is doing well...but it's weird for Ethan to be old enough for so much school. :(

Melissa said...

I love it! You 2 are adorable. What a great idea. Wish I had a girl!=) I love my boys!!!!

katierose said...

that dress is adorable! it has held up incredibly well. how fun for her to be able to wear her mama's princess dress. i love the old picture of you, lish. you are so stinkin' cute. mia often comes home from 3 hours of preschool telling me she's exhausted and needs to rest. what are they doing to these kids at school?!?!?!